Educational and General Management
Most documentary evidence relevant to these skills is of confidential nature.
Project Management and Reporting
- Designed several material collection CD-ROMs using HTML, PDF with audio and video.
- Supervised and led curriculum and materials development teams in a number of countries ( Albania, Jordan, Uganda, Ukraine, Romania, Spain, Czech Republic ).
- Supervised management of complex training and education events of 20-80 people including community-based training for Peace Corps volunteers in three countries.
- Coordinated reporting on extensive training projects by subordinate staff.
- Supervised budgets in excess of $100,000 and created budgets for projects in excess of $20,000.
Human Resource Management
- Mentoring: Mentored several employees to fill position currently held.
- Training: Introduced new employees into positions through various kinds of training (from observation to formal training).
- Recruitment: Designed procedures for recruitment and hiring of new employees for training events.
- Employee termination: Designed and implemented procedures for employee termination.
Interdisciplinary and Organizing Work
- Co-organized CADAAD '06, international conference with over 70 participants.
- Organized a one-day interdisciplinary workshop Metaphors @ UEA for researchers interested in metaphor analysis.
- Established a reading group in Philosophy of Education at UEA (2004-2005)
- Organized several videoconferences for students at the University of Glasgow (2002 - 2003).
- Established a Cognitive Linguistics Reading Group at the University of Glasgow (2002-2003).
- Coordinated an international training conference for US Peace Corps in Moldova in 1997.
- Established and maintain website of the Prague Linguistic Circle : http:/www.praguelinguistics.org. Also established a listserv discussion group for Czech linguists. Active 1994-1996.
- Consistently achieved promotion in positions:
- from Language Program coordinator to Regional Language Coordinator, Peace Corps ECAM.
- from Master Trainer (Kazakhstan) to Project Director (Albania) in Peace Corps Training.
- from course participant to Academic Director at ITC Training
- Leader of student lobby at Academic Senate of Philosophical Faculty at Charles University.
- Student representative for research students at School of Education.